The first Elixir Malmö Meetup.
Elixir is a wonderful functional language with high quality tools and libraries.
It runs on the Erlang VM which has been used for decades to build reliable and scalable micro services.
Elixir can be used in a wide range of domains, from web to embedded development.
Why Elixir ?
* What if you could avoid using single page frameworks and instead spin up a stateful server for each session ?
* What if you could structure your application by independent interacting servers on the Erlang VM ?
* What if you could on the fly upgrade/config parts of your product without restarts ?
* What if Erlang was your operating system for your embedded product and it took care of network, I/O, firmware updates in a fault tolerant way ?
* What if you just needed one server to handle 2 million tcp connections or the system had an uptime of 99.9999999% ?
* What if the language and tooling was optimized for development happiness ?
17:30 - 18:00 Meet and discuss the new Malmö Elixir meetup group.
18:00 - 18:30 Presentation: Introduction to Elixir, why we should use it now
18:30 - 19:00 Meet & Eat
19:00 - 20:00 Workshop part 1, learn some basic Elixir: many short programming exercises and slides.
Organiser and speaker: Andreas Ronge
Background as a C/Java developer since 1996 and a Ruby developer since 2008.
I believe there must be a better way of developing software in 2019.